Covenant Emerges Best Nigerian Varsity in the Association of Professional Women in Engineering (APWEN) Projects Contest (2020)
Covenant Wins Pan-African Universities Debates (2019)
Covenant Best Entrepreneurship Development University of the Year (2019)
Covenant: Nigeria’s Most Outstanding Higher Institution of the Year 2019
- Covenant wins $7m World Bank Grant for hosting Africa Centre of Excellence (2019)
- Covenant wins Enactus Nigeria National Competition (2019)
- Covenant Graduate Bags Presidential Award for Outstanding National Service (2019)
- Covenant’s Research Output Increased by 906.36% (2019)
African Development Bank’s Centre of Excellence and partner on the Coding for employment project (2018)
- First Nigerian University to win NAFSA’s Global Fellows Award (2018)
- Best Delegate Award for the 2018 United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA, New York)
- Best Position Paper Award for General Assembly 1 (GA1) 2019
- The only African-based institution qualified for the US National Science Foundation (NSF) Material and Data Science (MATDAT) Hackathon 2018
- No. 1 Nigerian University with the most employed graduates (STUTERN 2018)
- Covenant, Champion of 6th All-Nigeria Universities Debating Championship (2018)
- Covenant Vice-Chancellor Wins Outstanding Educator Award (2018)
- 40% of Top 20 Authors in Nigeria from Covenant (2018)
- Covenant, Faculty Dominate Multidisciplinary Research in Nigeria (2018)
- Covenant University, No. 1 in Scholarly Output in Nigeria (2018)
- Covenant’s New Graduate Bags £10, 000 Scholarship from Leeds University (2018)
- Covenant Graduate’s Digital Financial Service Solution Start-up Raises $12m in Record Time (2018)
- Nigerian Private University Games Association (NPUGA) Names Covenant Private Varsity with Best Sports Facilities (2018)
- Covenant University Wins National Model United Nations Awards (2018)
- Covenant’s International Office and Linkages attracts a 276,000-dollar grant (2018)
- Covenant Researchers Receive Patent Rights for 8 Inventions (2018)
- Covenant Pawka Beverage Emerges First Position at Technology Expo 2018
- Covenant Faculty Wins NCC Research Fellowship Award (2018)
- A 300 Level student of Information and Communication Engineering and President of the Covenant University Literary and Debating Society (CULDS) was selected for the prestigious 2017 Study of United States Institute (SUSI) Fellowship for Student Leaders.
- 3rd Position among all Nigerian universities (public and private) at the First Edition of the Technology and Innovation Expo 2017 organized by the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, Abuja, 2017.
- First Class graduates of Covenant University emerged tops in the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) in Nigeria (2015, 2014 & 2013).
- African Private University of the Year (2015) by African Leadership Magazine Group (March 2016).
- Overall Best University in Nigeria and West Africa and number 15 in Africa on the Webometrics Ranking (February 2015)
- Grand Prize (Gold and Silver) at the UniAmerica Global Exhibition of Inventions in Brazil (December 2015).
- Most Preferred Private University in Nigeria by candidates seeking University admission through JAMB (2002-2017).
- University with the highest listing of Google Scholars in 2015. Covenant produced 110 out of 797 Google Scholars listed in Nigeria.
- Won 1 Gold and 2 Silver Medals at the 67th IENA International Trade Fair for “Ideas, Inventions, New Products” in Germany (November 2015).
- Won three Gold Medal Awards at the World Innovation and Invention Forum, Yancheng, China (September 2015).
- Best Maintained Educational Institution Award to the University, organized by the Nigerian Chapter of International Facility Management Association (2012).
- First University in Nigeria and one of the very few in Africa to start training SAP Consultants in collaboration with SAP University Alliances and SAP Education in 2011.
- Best ICT Driven University of the Year Award in West Africa by West Africa ICT Development Award (WADA) 2010.
- Best Entrepreneurship Promoter of the Year because of its unique custom-built Entrepreneurial Development Studies programme (EDS) 2009.
- Chancellor, Dr. David Oyedepo, received an award In recognition of his laudable contribution in the development of education by Nigerian Academy Education (NAE) 2004.